Saturday 28 July 2012

Ork Nobz (AOBR) Completed

Finally ... the Ork Nobz from the Assault on Black Reach (AOBR) set is done. I am slowly getting better at painting Orks, so hopefully the paint job on my upcoming second squad of Ork Nobz (non-AOBR) will be an improvement from these guys below.

Definitely not the Famous Five that Enid Blyton envisioned!
We are green and mean ...
Three's a company
Ork Nobz clashing with Ultramarine Terminators





Fixing my mistakes
Miniatures from the AOBR set are easier to assemble than the normal miniatures. But unfortunately for me, I accidentally broke the plastic bit on the head that connected to the body. Result being the surfaces between the body and head became too uneven to glue together. Thankfully, it's nothing a drill and a simple paper clip couldn't solve though.





Practising freehand designs
Based on the rough design on the shoulder pad below, it will take a lot more practise before I can paint/draw good freehand designs. Any advice for a "free-hand" noob would be welcome. Hopefully it's not a "you either have it or you don't" kind of skill.

Black flames were a bit rough on the edges
Getting more confident painting the checkered design

Finally I leave you with a picture that was painful in so many ways ...


2 comments:

  1. AOBR? be ready for the new starter set! RAWWRRRR!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha! =) Yep you are right. AOBR is 'old skool' now. My dream starter set would be CSM Thousand Sons versus Chaos Deamons.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...